Due to increased demand our luxury menswear brand is currently seeking a seamstress / tailor / machinist to work on a flexible basis to fulfil our growing order book.
We are seeking an experienced seamstress / tailor able to manufacture garments to a high quality standard with excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail. We are a young and ambitious company looking to work with skilled local craftsmen and women and build long term working relationships.
The ideal candidate will have their own equipment and machines and be able to work from home.
We offer an attractive hourly rate. The working pattern will vary in response to demand, looking to grow over the next year.
Ideally with experience making menswear clothing but any garment manufacturer experience will be considered.
Adept at all types of seams, finishes and attaching garment hardware and a knowledge of fabrics and working from patterns.
- Used to working from patterns
- A good knowledge of woven goods
- High attention to detail
- Passion for only the very finest quality
- Highly efficient with time
- Able to use both a flatbed sewing machine and an over locker
- Knowledge of binding machines, twin needles, and overarm pressing equipment is preferred not essential
Will be required to undertake a couple of sample garments as part of the application process to show the quality of work.
Ideally based in Aberdeen / shire.
Please send your CV to email@example.com for consideration.